Club Updates – November 2019
1. Emails. We are aware some people may not be receiving the emails we send out. The problem is we are unable to tell if you are one of them! Therefore it is imperative that you notify us of any change in your contact details please!
2. Car parking. The main car park is now used by the Christmas tree sales, so access to the club can be restricted. If you are able to access the main car park safely, please continue to do so. You may use the car park spaces by the cricket clubhouse. If the area is congested with trucks etc, we have a temporary arrangement with the golf centre to use some of their spaces. Don’t forget they lock their gates at about 9pm. Once the Christmas tree sales are over please return to using the main car park, so we don’t over extend the goodwill of the golf centre. Main car park pin code is 1378.
3. Course bookings & membership. From January, we would like you to book any coaching courses & membership renewals through our website. This will save the club many hours of manual work to update the systems. Some of this time is paid for & some is by volunteers. If anyone has particular problems with this please contact the club through our email: email@example.com
4. A big cheer!! At long last our club room plans have been submitted for planning approval! The down side is that we have learnt of a delay in the granting of permission by about 8 weeks!
5. Presentation evening. A great evening attended especially by loads of our juniors & their families. A very grateful thanks to our team, with Pete organising & hosting the night, supported by Lesley & helpers. Again a lovely spread of food appeared for all to enjoy.
The raffle raised a grand total of £120, so a big thank you to those who contributed raffle prizes. These included: Golf Centre, 2 gang of four rounds of Pirate golf; Frenchay Xmas Tree Farm, a free tree; Mark Perren, leather handbags; Simone, a RC battle tank, set of Adam Blake books, a game & soft toys; Lorraine & Andy, a soft Husky dog; Sarah Milne, 2 month gold gym membership; Emily, a bottle of champagne; Claire Nutt, gift vouchers & wine. The club gave a term of adult or junior coaching.
We were updated on the achievements of our players for this year & it is apparent how much talent we have emerging through the club.
The 2019 award winners:
U8’s – Sofia Anderson U9’s Kadie Robinson
U10’s Tom Bewley U12’s Arthur King
U14’s Ben Brown U18’s Ollie Baker
Mens – Rich Stadden Ladies – Claire Baker
Coaches – Harry Sturdy
6. Although its still a few weeks away, the club would like to wish all members & families a very Merry Christmas & a great Tennis New Year!